Dr. Prof. K. M. Radhakrishnan
Former Director, Dept of Transfusion Medicine,
The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University,
Dr. Prof. K. M. Radhakrishnan has a Diploma in Clinical Pathology. He serves as Professor of Transfusion Medicine & Head, Department of Transfusion Medicine Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, India.
He plays a main role in Teaching and Training the doctors, Nurses, Counselors, Social Workers, Drug Inspectors and Laboratory Technician. Blood Collection, Screening for Various Transmittable Diseases Separate into components and Issue to the needy. He has engaged himself in various Clinical research activities in the field of Immuno - Heamotology and Blood Banking procedures individually and in collaboration with various reputed organizations and engaged in the Blood Transfusion activities for more than 30 years. He held the position of Additional Director and Member of Medical Education and State Transfusion Officer, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, and was also visiting Professor for Blood Transfusion Medicine in Medical Colleges.
He also held the following positions:
- President of Indian Society of Blood Transfusion & Immuno Haematology.
- Expert Committee M.D. Transfusion Medicine Member, in the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
- Chairman, Institutional Ethics Committee, for a corporate hospital.
He had presented the following papers:
- Blood Group Serology
- Prevalence of Hbs Ag amongst Voluntary Blood Donors
- Contributed in the promotion of voluntary blood donors